1. …but I actually felt OK. I felt fine. I felt the early symptoms of contentment.
2. Operation Self-Esteem–Day F*cking One
3. There’s nothing you can ever do to lose my love.
4. Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend.
5. I’ve been screwed and tattooed and I’m still standin’ here in front of you.
6. Il bel far niente means “the beauty of doing nothing.”
7. Oh, the glorious shamelessness of it.
8. Only artistic excellence is incorruptible.
9. Om Namah Shivaya
“I honor the divinity that resides within me.”
10. Skepticism and pragmatism are my intellectual heritage.
“I am That.”
12. That just limited rinky-dink mortal love. Wait till you see how much more deeply you can love than that.
13. Born with the itch, the mad and relentless urge to understand the workings of existence.
14. Stop wasting their own time and energy with their free-wheeling hippie nonsense.
15. Scarily smart, frighteningly astute, sensitive and complex.
16. Devo farmi le ossa
“I need to make my bones.”
17. Fixing your own broken-down emotional systems with all the do-it-yourself resourcefulness.
18. She never speaks. She’s so elusive. She’s so mystical.
19. Practice holding equilibrium internally– no matter what insanity is transpiring out there.
20. Choosing my religion.
21. You learn to smile even in your liver.
22. The hardest part of your life is behind you now.
23. Help me memorize this feeling of contentment.
24. I wanted to be on the correct side of social history.
25. Only the young and stupid are confident about sex and romance.
26. This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we tried for something.
27. I think she has a secret mind inside her other mind, nobody can see inside there.
28. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism.
29. So tired of being brave.
30. I was perfectly happy in my boring life before you came along.
31. Am I centered enough now to be the center of somebody else’s life?
32. You already brought me back to life, and that’s a lot.
33. Let your conscience be your guide.
34. How much I always wanted to be this person and live this life, liberated from the farce of pretending to be anyone other than myself.
35. I was not rescued by a prince; I was the administrator of my own rescue.